The objective of the Program:
- To create foundations for careers and interests in civil engineering based on developed knowledge and approaches for addressing the issues in Bangladesh and other countries.
- Development of skilled, efficient and committed Engineers.
- Provide contemporary and modern knowledge to successfully meet the challenges of Job Market.
The courses are designed to provide with foundation in both civil engineering and other related science. The general/humanities education needed to enhance the related cultural, social, management and other capacities in the real world are included also: (i ) core courses; which are compulsory courses and represent nucleus of the program, (ii) pre-requisite courses: which are required to be completed before some other course(s) can be taken, and (iii) optional courses;. The students will have some choice to choose the required number of courses from a specified group/ number of courses.
Students majoring in a concentration group as follows:
- Structural Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
The duration of the program will be four years divided into 12 semesters (160 Credits) for full-time students with H.S.C or equivalent. The duration of the program may be at least 3 years dividing into 9 semesters (Minimum 130 Credits) for the full time students with Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent earned from a recognized institution; depending on the courses appeared at the diploma.